A second opportunity to apply for innovation funding through the BEIS Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator (BEIS IEEA) is just around the corner. Applications will be open from 1 February-30 April 2019
- The BEIS IEEA is competition designed to help identify new energy efficient technologies and accelerate their deployment in UK industry
- Our key focus is on innovations with large cross-sector energy and carbon reduction impact, either from novel technologies or known technologies in new sectors
- The target areas include all industrial and manufacturing sectors in the UK — this includes datacentres, water utilities and the waste sector
- The programme is open to private sector companies and universities; public sector bodies are not eligible
- Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis, with awards of up to £1m for 10-15 projects (40-60% capital support of eligible costs)
BEIS IEEA Phase 2 will run from 1 February – 30 April 2019. The Carbon Trust is offering an application support service to all applicants; it is encouraged that you apply early to receive the full benefit of this service. Please submit your ideas for consideration now.
While the application process remains the same, they have widened the entry criteria to include submissions from data centre, water utility and waste sectors.
As a reminder, the BEIS IEEA programme aims to strengthen the global competitiveness of British industry through investment in energy efficiency innovation. Seven projects have successfully made it through the first application round, with innovations ranging from low grade waste heat recovery to alternative energy storage solutions, with the potential to provide significant savings benefits across multiple industrial sectors.
- Find out more about scope and eligibility requirements.
- Download an introduction to the BEIS IEEA programme.
- Use this form to submit your project or technology idea
Please do email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other queries and send this to any colleagues or contacts who may be interested in the BEIS IEEA programme.