Connecting Women in District Heat will be held in Central London on Monday 9 December 2019. It is free to attend and open to all, but has been specifically designed to support and enable women working within the district heating and decentralised energy sector.
Heat accounts for nearly half of the UK’s energy use and a third of greenhouse gas emissions. The Government’s Clean Growth Strategy sets out a significant role for district heating and heat networks in decarbonising heat, whilst there is clear evidence that heat networks can tackle fuel poverty, build local employment and supply chains, and foster community resilience.
In recent months, a new network of women working in district heating has come together, holding regular informal meetings to share ideas and experiences and develop approaches to building the representation, capacity and confidence of women in the industry. Springing from this, we are announcing our inaugural conference focused on women and district heating.
Connecting Women in District Heat will:
- Explore the future landscape for district heating and decentralised energy and the technical, commercial and regulatory drivers that will take us there
- Help build confidence and resilience by exploring leadership, negotiation, mentoring and bias
- Provide a space for networking, conversation and enjoying each other’s company
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jennifer Belk, Commercial Project Development Manager, SSE
- Laura Bishop, Director, Infinitas Design
- Emma Floyd, Deputy Director – Heat Strategy and Heat Networks, BEIS
- Tanja Groth, Lead Economist – Energy and Environment, Sweco
- Lucy Padfield, Director, Ramboll UK
- Adriana Rodriguez Cobas, Asset Operations Manager, Vattenfall
- Ruth Rule, Director, Energy Direction
Bursaries will be available for those who need support with childcare or care responsibilities.
If you know of a female colleague who might be interested in attending, please pass on the event invitation.
Register today at https://connecting-women-in-district-heat.eventbrite.com
Connecting Women in District Heat is sponsored by Vattenfall and SSE. Further sponsorship opportunities are available; please contact Rachael Mills on 020 8469 1333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.