The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is hosting a series of landlord workshops to discuss policy options for the future of the Private Rented Sector (PRS) minimum energy efficiency standards, ahead of the formal consultation later this year.
They will discuss policy options for minimum energy efficiency standards in the private rented sector, in advance of a formal consultation. Currently private rented homes are required to meet a standard of E in their Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The government is suggesting an increase to an EPC Band C by 2030, ‘where practical, cost-effective and affordable'.
This trajectory is essential in working towards the Clean Growth Strategy (CGS) commitment to 'look at a long term trajectory for energy performance standards across the private rented sector, with the aim of as many private rented homes as possible being upgraded to EPC Band C by 2030, where practical, cost-effective and affordable'. As part of this, they will explore the following five policy considerations:
- Steps of a Domestic Trajectory
- Setting Cost Parameters
- Measuring Energy Performance
The workshops are being held between late June and mid-July, The sessions are for landlords of any type or number of domestic properties and for people from other interested parties, such as tenant organisations, the energy efficiency supply chain and local authorities.
Register to attend the relevant session by clicking on the city name.
- Cardiff – Tuesday 18 June – Birchwood House, University Hall | Birchwood Road | CF23 5YB Cardiff
- London – Thursday 20 June - 1 Victoria St Conference Centre | 1 Victoria Street | SW1H 0ET London
- Oxford – Thursday 27 June - Long Room, Oxford Town Hall | Oxford Town Hall | St Aldate's | OX1 1BX Oxford
- Peterborough – Tuesday 2 July - Allia Future Business Centre Peterborough | London Road | PE2 8AN Peterborough
- Greater Manchester – Wednesday 10 July - Quarry Bank | Styal Road | SK9 4LA Styal
BEIS are also hosting a webinar for those who cannot attend in person on Thursday 11 July, 10.30-12.30pm. There is also a dial-in facility available.
To find out the details for the Webinar or conference call facility, or if you have any questions or queries, please get in touch with email@example.com.