REHAU are hosting a free to attend event on 4th Generation distict heating on Wednesday 19th June in London. The event brings together expert speakers from across the industry to debate the benefits and barriers to the uptake of 4th generation heat networks in the UK. Places are limited so please register early to avoid disappointment.
The UK district heating industry is at a key junction in its journey – with HNIP funding announcements due in 2019, calls for legislation for consumer protection and the recent announcement to ban gas boilers from 2025 in new builds, there is a lot of focus on low carbon heat networks.
It is important for the whole industry to now focus on doing district heating right and that means improving the efficiency of planned and existing networks to reduce costs.
This event will explore what 4th Generation district heating is, how it can improve a heat network and what the challenges and barriers are for its widespread adoption.
The expert speaker line up from across the industry will first give their perspectives in a short presentation and then we go into an two sessions of interactive debates.
- 09:30 - Registration
- 10:00 - Welcome - Steve Richmond, REHAU
- 10:10 - Introduction to 4G heat networks - Phil Jones, CIBSE
- 10:20 - Developer's perspective on 4G heat networks - Peter Mildenstein, Pinnacle Power
- 10:30 - Effect on 4G on the CAPEX of a heat network, Alexandra Ivanchuk, REHAU Ltd
- 10:40 - 11:15 - DEBATE 1
11:15 - 11:45 Coffee Beak/Networking
- 11:45 - Roadmap to lower temperature district heating delivery in Plymouth - Justin Etherington, Buro Happold
- 11:55 - How to deliver 4G networks - Gareth Jones, Fairheat
- 12:05 - Heat pumps & District Heating - Bean Beanland, GSHPA
- 12:15 - 12:45 - DEBATE 2