Are you searching for an opportunity where you’re able to support the transformation to net-zero, ensuring this transformation is just and works for all customers?
Heat Trust are looking for a Director to lead the organisation in its mission to protect heat network customers and support the heat network industry with the transition to regulation, and its role in heat decarbonisation.
Heat Trust is an independent, non-profit consumer champion for the heat network sector. Launched in 2015, Heat Trust has grown to cover 10% of the market. The work we are leading on has been recognised by BEIS, Scottish Government and the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
This is an outstanding opportunity to shape an entire sector!
As Director of Heat Trust you will be responsible for three key functions:
Strategy, business development and operations
Designing and executing the strategy and business plan as approved by the Board. Setting and handling the budget including targets, financial reporting and preparing and presenting board papers at quarterly meetings will be pivotal in your role. Maintaining relationships and service contracts with third parties will play a meaningful role in your day to day activity, which will involve engaging with independent auditors, Energy Ombudsman and Energylinx. You will lead a small team that is expected to grow in the next 12 months.
Policy, stakeholder engagement and communications
This will involve leading Heat Trust’s engagement and involvement in wider policy and regulatory discussion, representing the organisation at external events and industry working groups and leading all internal and external communication (including press releases and media engagement).
Compliance and scheme development
An important part of your role will be to oversee all aspects of the delivery of compliance and auditing functions, as well as the development and maintenance of analytical tools, databases and reports to support the organisations monitoring and compliance activities in order to assess the performance of heat networks against the standards Heat Trust sets.
What you need to tackle this fantastic opportunity:
- Experience of leading and implementing change in an organisation and/or market. It would be preferable if the candidate had previous experience in a core market relevant to Heat Trust's activity (for example: energy supply, regulation, consumer protection).
- Experience in development and execution of strategy and communications.
- Consistent track record in business development or project management with multiple stakeholders.
- Ideally you will have a sound understanding of one or more of the following: regulated energy markets and consumer policy/practice, consumer protection, district heating.
- Financial management preferably with experience in profit and loss.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective stakeholder relations.
- Excellent public speaking and ability to deliver high-quality presentations.
- Appropriate degree level qualification and/or appropriate professional qualifications/membership and/or significant demonstrable and relevant experience.
Further information about the role, and a full person specification can be found on the Heat Trust website.