Siemens is recruiting for the Head of Marketing and Strategy for its Distributed Energy Business Unit to direct the development of market analysis, acquisition analysis and related research to provide strategic business planning to business units.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to craft Siemens' approach to this new business field that combines the creation of new technical solutions (renewable, battery storage, localized CHP, and microgrid applications) with the development of new and innovative commercial offerings for customers that provide energy supply and resiliency as a long-term service.
Siemens Distributed Energy Systems is a new and agile business unit to spearhead the Siemens role in the evolving and dynamic market of decentral or distributed energy. Siemens combines offerings from across the different Siemens Divisions applying technical, commercial and financial innovation to form competitive offerings for customers. Siemens combines a start-up approach and decision-making velocity with the capabilities and resources of a globally leading company.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction for Siemens business units on the topic of DES
- Leads new strategies on various DES projects with a strong focus on CHP, solar PV, energy storage, electrical and advanced control systems
- Participate in industry events and member organisations in close coordination with Siemens Marketing and Communications’ teams
- Regularly give oral presentations of strategic importance to diverse audiences
- Conducts most complex market and business research, regulatory and competitor analysis
- Manages and prepares advanced marketing benchmark analyses
- Manage consultant teams and consolidation of marketing materials into executive level presentations
- Manages the development of most complex strategic planning tools for the Company
- Provides executive-level business development support across multiple industries and markets
- Troubleshoots and resolves most complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas
- Entrepreneurial approach and solution oriented
- Knowledge and experience in decentralised/Distributed Energy Systems (strongly preferred)
- Self-motivated within a virtual and dynamic environment.
- Collaborative mindset with experience working within a matrix organization to accomplish time sensitive objectives and deadlines
- Mindset that combines a consistent attention to details with the ability to optimize a scalable and repeatable process
- Strong customer value orientation
- Proven experience in related science or engineering, or advanced degree preferred
- Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- Strong oral presentation capabilities delivered at the executive level
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact
- Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of the business. They strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Find out more and apply on Siemens' website.