The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has established an Infrastructure Advisory Panel (IAP) that brings together a diverse range of leaders in the infrastructure and development sectors to contribute to and inform his work programme. One of the key aims of the Panel is to address issues around a lack of diversity in the sector by offering a platform for innovative ideas brought forward by women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) professionals.
The Mayor is tightly focused on improving how infrastructure is planned and delivered across London and is seeking to address cross-cutting policy issues such as coordination, resilience, regulation, funding and financing, data and innovation.
The Panel, which has representation from ADE members Ramboll and Vattenfall, will complement the Mayor’s London Infrastructure Group, made up of senior leaders of London’s infrastructure providers, and the Young Professionals Panel (YPP), made up of young leaders in the infrastructure sector.
The Panel will support the Mayor by:
- constructively challenging and supporting the London Infrastructure Group and the GLA’s infrastructure work;
- contributing innovative thinking and recommendations in relation to London’s infrastructure delivery and coordination challenges;
- providing advice on cross-cutting and sector-specific issues, including data, innovation, resilience, regulation, financing and funding of infrastructure;\
- ensuring that infrastructure policy and delivery continues to cater to and account for London’s diversity;
- inspiring others by celebrating the highly skilled but often under-represented women and BAME professionals in this space.
Find out more here.