This guide by the ADE in conjunction with the Town and Country Planning Association describes the complete process for delivering decentralised energy projects from project inception to delivery and encompasses local authorities, communities, public and private sector developers and building operators.
This guide will help planners and project developers to:
- understand and create or influence energy maps and information for use in masterplans or development plans;
- recognise where there are opportunities for decentralised energy;
- gain an understanding of energy use in buildings and developments;
- translate energy opportunities into financially viable and deliverable low-carbon projects;
- understand the stages of developing an energy project and who is involved in each.